How To Photograph Fireworks - July 4th 2017 in New Orleans, LA
JULY 4TH, 2017 - NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
Go 4th On the River's "Dueling Barges" Fireworks Show!
Zack Smith Photography Workshops invites you to a special one-night-only Firework Photography Workshop in a unique and exciting partnership with the French Market Corporation, Crescent Park, and Go 4th On The River. As a participant in this workshop you are guaranteed a VIP viewing area to photograph this wonderful firework display from the new riverfront park at Crescent Park in New Orleans. Your view will be just one mile downriver from the French Quarter and your composition will have a full frame of the Mississippi River and the Go 4th Fireworks display as the City of New Orleans as your backdrop. DO NOT MISS this opportunity to get your BEST firework photography ever!
We will meet at 2832 Royal St. at The New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts Annex Office in the Marigny SEE MAP where you will learn first hand how to use your tripod and customize your camera settings.
Shoot Location: Piety St. Wharf at Crescent Park, right in the heart of New Orleans' Bywater neighborhood. SEE MAP
Tuesday, July 4th
5:30pm-7pm Class Discussion and Power Point
7:30pm – Meet at Crescent Park, Piety St. Wharf
9pm - Fireworks
We will shoot until they are done, and then do some exposures of the city.
This class is open to beginners and advanced photographers looking to improve their knowledge of firework photography or to add more images to their catalogue.
You must have working knowledge of your own Digital SLR camera that allows you to shoot with manual exposure and manual focus. You do not need to know how to shoot on manual mode as you will learn this in the course.
Participants are encouraged to submit their best images for inclusion on the Go 4th On the River and French Market Corporation's website and marketing materials to help promote this great event! This is a great opportunity to have your work featured on a great local website!
WHAT TO BRING
- Digital SLR, media cards, and batteries
- Wide Angle Lens (you can rent super-wide and wide angle lenses online)
- Cable Release or Intervalometer
- Small Flashlight
Full Refunds are given up to 72 hours before the day of the workshop.
½ refund will be given 24 hours before the workshop.
NO REFUND the day of the workshop if you cannot make it and have not called.
Location for Parking will be within walking distance from our shoot location. There is metered and paid parking lots surrounding the gallery. I would highly suggest downloading the PARKMOBILE App and take advantage of the ease of parking in and around Downtown New Orleans.
- "Zack was informative, organized, energetic, and the information was useful and pertinent"
- "You have a great wealth of knowledge and a desire to teach it." - workshop participant at Zack's "Studio on the Geaux"
- "Zack creates such a casual atmosphere which promotes an easy learning environment. I want to take this class again as with each of his classes..."
- "Zack is clear, thorough, encouraging, and a well planned presenter"
- " The workshop was actually not what I expected! For only 5 hours, I expected just a quick run down of the gear you use and then a walk around the FQ with maybe 1-2 spots for a model. You really jam packed that class with TONS of great info. It could have been a full day or 2. You went into great depth on the gear and flow of a shoot rather than photo basics, which is great for many photogs who know how to shoot but need to get pushed out the norm that they shoot" - Eric J Nunez, Photographer, New Orleans