STUDIO ON THE GEAUX WORKSHOP : Salon du Beau Monde
**THIS WORKSHOP REGISTRATION HAS ENDED - CLICK HERE to be notified of our next one!
This workshop is limited to 10 people so sign up now!
In the fast paced world of editorial and fashion photography, the working photographer needs to be skilled and ready at any instant to capture the "decisive moment" both in the studio and in the field. A popular method used to expand the range of your creative expressions behind the camera is through the use of lightweight and powerful speed lights and the use of radio transmitters.
Zack Smith Photography’s “Studio on the Geaux : NOLA” will expose you to a myriad of methods to create dynamic lighting schemes using speed lights and light modifiers such as umbrellas, reflectors, and softboxes. You will learn hands-on how to apply these lighting schemes in an indoor studio and outdoor urban environment with professional models at a professional studio; Salon De Beau Monde. We will have the New Orleans Warehouse District and Central Business District as our backrop on a very easy going Sunday! In addition, we will discuss the integration of the natural environment into your portrait photography which combines both artificial and available light into one striking environmental portrait.
In conclusion, integrating both 'Studio on the Geaux' with the philosophy of 'Shoot for the Wall' will facilitate a platform to create, develop, and produce high quality images that can then be used to tell your story.
We will begin our workshop in the comfortable studios of Salon Du Beau Monde in New Orleans. The salon sits on historic St. Charles Avenue and situated in between the New Orleans Central Business District and the Warehouse district. We will have unlimited locations to choose from to photograph our models and we will utilize every piece of lighting gear available.
THIS WORKSHOP REGISTRATION HAS ENDED! PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
This workshop is designed for the emerging professional as well as serious photographer wanting to improve their knowledge of mixed light portraits and the gear used. We will work on “How to Scout Locations”,“Popular Poses”, and “Setting Your Settings Up for Success”. Attendees are to know how to use their camera, as well as understand basic camera operation including setting f/stops and shutter speeds, and how to download images to your computer. The workshop will provide all models, lighting gear, reflectors, and light modifiers for each grouping. We will also have a knowledgeable support staff that will help you with any photography related questions you have.
WHAT TO BRING
• Digital SLR Camera
If you have two bodies, bring both & instruction manual.
Wide (14-24mm) and normal focal lengths 24mm, 35mm to Portrait Lenses: 85mm-200mm & a large aperture of 2.8 or 1.4 are always great!
A solid tripod for portrait photography with a sturdy “quickplate” is recommended
• Shutter release cable
With Intervalometer (Highly Recommended! – Google it!)
• Extra batteries
At least 1
• Extra memory cards
All questions answered as they arise
$325 per person
Water, Coffee, Sandwiches and Snacks for lunch.
ALL cancellations must be done within 5 days to receive a full refund. After this time you will receive 50% until 2 days before, and then 25%. Please contact Zack Smith directly for all cancellations.
We can only hope for great weather but in the case of heavy rain, we will cancel the class and you will get a full refund. We will only cancel if the rain is heavy for more than 1-2 hours in duration. There are many great location that are covered and safe for shooting portrait photography.
ACT NOW! ONLY LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION TO THE LEFT THEN FOLLOW THE BUY NOW LINK BELOW FOR PURCHASE TO SECURE YOUR SPOT IN THE CLASS!
THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP ...
- "Zack is clear, thorough, encouraging, and a well planned presenter"
- " The workshop was actually not what I expected! For only 5 hours, I expected just a quick run down of the gear you use and then a walk around the FQ with maybe 1-2 spots for a model. You really jam packed that class with TONS of great info. It could have been a full day or 2. You went into great depth on the gear and flow of a shoot rather than photo basics, which is great for many photogs who know how to shoot but need to get pushed out the norm that they shoot" - Eric J Nunez, Photographer, New Orleans.
- "Zack was informative, organized, energetic, and the information was useful and pertinent"
- "I learned alot and i look forward to getting out to the French Quarter Fest this week"
- "Zack creates such a casual atmosphere which promotes an easy learning environment. I want to take this class again as with each of his classes..."
- "You have a great wealth of knowledge and a desire to teach it." - workshop participant at Zack's "Studio on the Geaux"